Veterans' Discharge

Veterans Discharge Papers (Form DD214) can be filed in the Town Clerk's office and may qualify a veteran or spouse for local tax relief through the Assessor's office. We must see the original discharge paper issued by the government. A copy of the document will be kept in the vault for safe keeping. If you are unable to locate your original discharge papers (Form DD214), duplicate copies can be obtained by requesting and completing a Standard Form 180 (SF180) Request Pertaining to Military Records and mailing the request to address listed on the form (based on branch of service, dates of separation, and type of record). The form may also be obtained by calling 800-827-1000.