The primary function of the Assessor's office is to compile the grand list annually valuing real estate, personal property, and motor vehicles in a fair and equitable manner, while adhering to the requirements set forth in the Connecticut General Statutes.
- Reviewed annually for any changes that occur between grand list years and what exists on October 1st
- Revaluation is completed every five (5) years, with a full inspection required every ten (10) years, and recalculates value based on current fair market transfers.
Business Personal Property
- Valued annually based on the filing of the declaration by persons or entities conducting business or have business assets located in the Town of Woodbridge.
- The deadline to file is November 1st annually to avoid a twenty-five percent (25%) penalty.
- Valued annually based on the year, make, model of the vehicle utilizing the State of Connecticut Office of Policy and Management's recommended pricing guide(s) in accordance with CGS § 12-71d.
- Connecticut State Statute § 12-71c(b) states application for an adjustment must be made no later than December 31st, which falls twenty-seven (27) months after the assessment date.
Programs and Exemptions
- The Assessor's office administers state and local programs of tax relief, apply exemption as permitted by state law, and assist the public with a variety of inquiries.
2020 Grand List Mill Rate
The 2020 Mill Rate for July 2021-January 2022 tax bills is:
- Real Estate, Personal Property & Motor Vehicles: 42.64
- Applications are available at the Assessor's office and should be filed between September 1, 2021 and October 31, 2021