For those voters who miss election registration cut-offs the State allows for Election Day Registration (EDR).
Residents who have never registered to vote or have moved into town and are still registered in a previous town may appear at the EDR location on Election Day, register to vote and cast a ballot. You must be a U.S. citizen to register to vote.
The EDR location in Woodbridge is the Senior Center Lounge located on the lower level of the Center Building at 4 Meetinghouse Lane. Hours for the EDR location are 6 a.m. until 8 p.m. on Federal, State and Municipal Elections (not for Primaries or Referenda).
Applications to register to vote must be fully completed by 8 p.m. The location is handicapped accessible.
EDR Identification Requirements
Voter must appear in person. Must provide proof of identity and residence at EDR location
: Current DMV Connecticut Drivers License/Non-Driver's License/Learner's Permit satisfy both proof of identity and residence. (Adhesive strip with change of address acceptable.)
Proof of Identity
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Oath of another elector or proof satisfactory to registrars (Reminder: identity only)
- College photo ID, in place of birth certificate, license, or Social Security card
- Drivers License (Reminder: out of state OK for identity only)
Proof of Residence (Examples)
- Current CT Drivers License/Non-Driver License or Motor Vehicle Learners Permit
- Utility Bill-due no later than 30 days post election
- Current college or university registration or fee statement
- Library card with residential address
- Paycheck/Bank Statement
- Property tax bill
- Naturalization documents
- Passport (must be recent and include residential address)