The Town is preparing for blizzard conditions on Saturday Jan. 29.
If necessary, the Town will open a warming shelter on Sunday and continue it through the week, as needed. Residents will be able to stop by to warm up and charge devices.
- There will be a parking ban starting at 6 pm tonight.
- The Transfer Station will be closed Saturday and open on Monday.
- The Library will be closed on Saturday.
- All Woodbridge Recreation activities are closed on Saturday.
- The Tax Office's special Saturday hours are canceled.
- Amity Regional School District will be closed and all events are canceled.
Please stay off the roads to stay safe and to allow the Public Works crews to do their job. Be patient -- predicted drifting will make plowing more difficult than usual.
If the shelter is opened it will be announced via the Town's enewsletter, Facebook, the Town website and through CTAlert (the State's reverse 911 system that we use for emergency-only communications). Sign up to receive CTAlerts here.
- If you have a propane furnace be sure to keep snow cleared from the vent so that you don't have a carbon monoxide buildup.
- Keep your generator dry.
- Keep your generator outside and 15' away from doors, windows and vents that could bring carbon monoxide inside your home.
- If you start to feel sick, dizzy, or weak while using a generator or if yo have a propane furnace, get to fresh air RIGHT AWAY - DO NOT DELAY.
Power Outages & Downed Wires
- To report a power outage call UI at 800-277-5584 or report it at uinet.com
- Downed wires and trees on wires are dangerous! Report downed wires and trees on wires to 911.
- During a power outage it is best to use flashlights instead of candles.
- If you lose power you can check UI's outage map and Town outage list.
For Seniors & Special needs
- If you have medication that requires electricity to operate, or if you would like a check-in call before and after major storms, call 203-389-3429 to be added to Human Services' Emergency Call List.
View the Optimum outage map and sign up for outage updates here. Optimum encourages customers to receive related service alerts via text or voice message by signing up and opting in via My Account. Once confirmed, customers will be notified when outages affect their service and will receive updates until service is restored.